POW's - Problem of the week (Math)
*Handed out at the beginning of the week.
*Due on Friday of that same week
*Purpose: To create material that will ask students to use their critical thinking and use a variety of resources.
*Counts as a take home test. (20 points possible)
For an additional copy, print from the files below
Helpful hints for maximum points:
1. Put your name, date, and period on your paper right away.
2. CUBEs the word problem
(Circle) the numbers.
(Underline) the problem it's asking you to answer.
(Box out) all important information.
(Evaluate mentally - "What am I going to need to do to solve this?"
(Solve) - Always show a model and completely label the model.
3. Show a bar model and label completely. Show all work.
4. Circle the mathematical standard that matches the given standard OR if one is not provided, state which standard you are using.
5. Explain the question asked (on the back side) completely. Look for
6. Extend the question by asking another question that extends the
problem from the original question in the word problem.
7. Turn in on time!
8. IB Grading Rubric in Trimester 3 2017-2018 school year.